+1.

I think there are parsing issues to be highlighted. Do you decode first, then extract the Author Domain or extract first before decoding? etc.

On 12/5/2017 10:27 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
If I may change the topic for a moment ...

I'm working on some stuff for ICANN to help people get EAI mail
working. One of the underspecified bits of EAI is how authentication
works with SPF, DKIM, DMARC and now, I suppose ARC.  There's a bunch
of places where one needs to make arbitrary decisions about what's in
ASCII (a-labels) or what's in UTF-8 (u-labels.)  I did a draft about
it last year:

     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-appsarea-eaiauth/

It would be nice if this could be finished and published, so I have
something better than an expired draft to point at when people ask me
how to do DKIM and SPF with their EAI mail.

--
HLS