At 11:49 AM -0400 8/16/07, Cat Okita wrote:
This example seems to suggest that a home user might have lots of TAAs, not just a lot of TAs. I'd worry that the result would be unmanageable for most home users. Did I misunderstand your example?

If I recall correctly, the expectation was that home users might have lots of TAAs, but the likely situation would be that they'd take a
default trust set, and only dive down into the fine bits in a limited
number of circumstances (namely users like us...)

I'm not sure that we agree on this. The current situation is that there is one TAA (typically the browser vendor) and a lot of TAs. One might say that a browser vendor would install all the current TAs as TAAs, but there is no a priori reason to assume that model.

Steve