Mark Atwood wrote:

<> "Perry E. Metzger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
<> > Following my reply to the "this has to be the stupidest patent I've
<> > ever heard of", several people wrote to me to say they couldn't find
<> > the "cats and laser pointers" patent. It is:
<> >
<> > http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?&pn=US05443036__
<>
<> My cat and I were given a laser pen as a joint present a few years
<> back, to do this very thing.  This is like granting a patent for using
<> a hammer to crack nuts instead of drive nails.

Dammit, you let the cat out of the bag ... Now how am I going to get that
patent approved since you've demonstrated prior art, or something ...

RL
--
R A Lichtensteiger       [EMAIL PROTECTED] -or- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://www.meitca.com/ITA/People/rali