>At 09:38 PM 1/4/00 -0500, Gordon Cook wrote:
> >   I carry a lot of ICANN data around in my head and I am generally
> >pretty good at it.  However my attention has been called to the fact
> >that I screwed up on my association with Patrick as an ICANN board
> >member.  Following a few URL trails I see that he and Goeff Huston
> >were IETF nominees but that ETSI and W3C placed their folk on the
> >board and IETF would up with only Vint.
>
>For the record, there is a PSO in the middle of that. IETF, ETSI, ITU, and
>W3C (the members of the PSO) each nominated various and sundry for the
>three board seats alloted to the PSO, and nominees from ETSI, W3C, and IETF
>were selected. ITU was, er, displeased.
>
> >Wiping red face.....
>
>For all you talk about ICANN, if the PSO involvement escaped you, your face
>deserves to be red.

I am well aware of the PSO and that aspect did not escape me.....what
did  escape me (in part i suppose because I was in nepal from oct 13
to nov 6 and totally off net from roughly the 18th of oct to november
3 (trekking near everest)) was that nomination by IETF of Cerf,
Falstrom and Huston was not tantamount to election.

please see  http://cookreport.com/neptibalb.shtml

for short photo essay and satire (the masked dancing of the monks at
the tengboche monastery reminded me of ICANN).

The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)            Is ICANN an IBM e-business ?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     See also Lessig's Code: and
Other  Laws of Cyberspace  http://cookreport.com/lessigbook.shtml