At 09:23 AM 2/9/00 -0500, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
>Prior.  Definitely prior; that way folks don't have to spend the first
>half of the week hacking support for the 802.11 DS card into NetBSD,
>Linux, BSDI, et. al.  :-)

There is a neat FAQ at http://www.wavelan.com/products/faq/ and one of the
FAQ items says: The WaveLAN Network Interface Cards (NICs) include NDIS and
ODI client drivers, allowing WaveLAN to work in the Windows 95/98, Windows
NT, Win2K, Apple, Linux and Novell environments. I seem to recall that
someone has already done NetBSD and BSDI for these cards, but I've lost
that email.

>I'm definitely interested.  So do we have someone with a company
>connection who can get the IETF a good bulk discount on 801.11 DS cards?
>Especially the 11 megabit variant...  (Is Adelaide going to have 11 mbps
>support?)

I've been working on getting Lucent to sponsor DS 11Mbps base station
support as well as a deep IETF-special discount on new 11mbps PCMCIA cards.
More information to come soon.

BTW, if you have older slower Wavelan gear the new base stations are
backwards compatible.