ATM ABR offers explicit closed loop feedback about congestion experienced, and
will drop cells/frames if that feedback is not followed.  In certain types of VBR
the CLP bit can be used to indicate that a cell was out of profile.  Such cells do
not have to be dropped if the network has room for them.