Tony, Keith,

Keith Moore wrote:

> > The real requirement is in the other order; when
> > a desireable app becomes available that works over IPv6 but fails over
> > NAT. This will cause people to upgrade their OS to Solaris 8, or XP,
> > etc. This is more likely to be a peer-to-peer game than any business
> > app.
>
> I don't see a "killer IPv6-based business app" as likely, but IPv6
> does seem like a good way to solve some of the problems that NATs
> cause for communications between private v4 networks.  It won't be
> a single app that causes businesses to shift, it will be the ability
> to run whatever protocols the businesses want to use to talk to each other.

Hold on just a minute. Business applications are moving away
from limited client/server models towards synchronous or asynchronous
exchanges between systems that are sometimes clients and sometimes
servers. I don't want to rant at length here, but peer-to-peer business
apps are absolutely what we need for IPv6.

   Brian