>this is a standards
>organization and not a place where we decide who we like and which of
their
>projects we are going to allow to come through us today and not.
>
>That's not the way any other GLOBAL standards orgs work.

Which globe are you talking about? On this one, that's *exactly* the way
standards bodies work.  Go to the ITU and propose your pet project; see
how far you get.  You'll need corporate backing, at the very least.

A group that approved any spec proposed to it wouldn't be a standards body
at all; it'd be a vanity publishing house.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
|[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|Dave Barry for President! He'll Keep Dan Quayle. (OK, it's old)|