--On 23. juli 2002 21:49 -0400 "Peterson, Jon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest that chartering a new
> WG today that competes directly with SIMPLE would be taken by many to mean
> that the IETF still has not arrived at a workable solution (and no doubt
> some proponents of XMPP feel that to be the case).

I think the single step most useful to stem this perception is to get the
CPIM documents out the door and published, have at least one IM-transport
protocol publish its interface to CPIM, and having running code that proves
that the resulting functionality is in fact useful.

Pair of facts beats house of prediction.

                                Harald