To connect VoIP with my other email. One of the most interested user groups for fixed wireless networks is people with no telecomms infrastructure to speak of. That is to say, much of the developing world. In these places VoIP is a very popular application for a few reasons ... first because there might not be PSTN available, and even if it is, because it makes international calls affordable (e.g. to relatives in more affluent places), and finally because illiteracy prevents people from user email and other lower-bandwidth apps.

simon