Folks,

We'd like to run a proof-of-concept version of the Senior Internet
Reviewer (SIR) activity, prior to obtaining formal IETF "blessing" for
it.

The proposal is discussed in:

     <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-solution-sirs-00.txt>

It recruits experienced IETF participants to provide additional and
iterative review to working group efforts.  The IETF community assigns
the status of SIR, but the working group recruits individual SIRs to do
reviews.

An experimental version of the service is at:

     <http://graybeards.net/sirs>

Anyone who is qualified to be a SIR, according to the objective
"bootstrapping" criteria in the proposal, should contact me to get
listed on the SIRS web page.

The objective are:

          *    all current IAB members

          *    all former IAB and IESG members, and former
               WG Chairs, who the Secretariat can contact
               and who are willing to serve

          *    all current MIB Doctors

          *    all members of existing IETF Directorates

          *    all authors of at least three RFCs, who the
               Secretariat can contact and who are willing
               to serve

Thanks.

d/

ps.  Suggestions for modifications to the proposal are still eagerly
sought.

--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>