    Dave> My focus is on knowing what the details of the jobs are that
    Dave> we want done. Referring to the interface(s) is a convenient
    Dave> technique for trying to surface those details.

    Dave> Currently we do not have the details.  What we are doing is
    Dave> like buying a building or a vehicle before we really
    Dave> understand what uses they are going to be put to.  This
    Dave> leads to thinking that those details are trivial.  They
    Dave> aren't.
I think many of us agree with you that we do not know the details.  I
believe we also agree that we will eventually need to know the
details.

I don't seem to require the details you are asking for to feel like
I'm making an informed decision between the two scenarios.  I think
thas' because I cannot imagine how the sorts of details you are
talking about could influence my decision at this level.

Could you perhaps come up with two possible parts of the answer for
what we're trying to accomplish here that influence the decision
between the two scenarios?  If you could show one possible job we
might want done that favors a corporation and another that favors
working within the ISOC struture, you would go a long way to showing
people that we need to discuss the kind of details you are asking for
now instead of later.

--Sam