On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 08:45:51AM +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] has already been denied posting rights on at least
> one IETF WG mailing list because of this behaviour.
>
> Is it time to dig out RFC 3683/BCP 83?
>
> BTW - has anyone, anywhere ever seen a response from him/them when they
> have been asked to stop spamming the IETF lists?

No, I haven't.   It is clearly a commercial posting, and should be blocked.

I have "soammed" v6ops and ipng in the past with an IPv6 event announcement,
but this was for a non-profit event, and although I didn't feel comfortable
doing so, I felt it was OK as a regular contributor to both WGs.  I also
didn't get any complaints to me as it happens (thanks :)

I think both metrics should be applied when "spam" complaints arise.

Tim