As you will probably be totally unsurprised to see, I'm pushing back the prospective dates for IASA BCP approval again.
I think we are "close, but not finished" with the various clarifications and process polishing - and still don't have a workable consensus on the appeals issue.
I also have some points from legal review to insert.

So this is my current plan:

- Today, Friday, January 21: Send out "consensus?" messages on all remaining issues from the tracker that are not currently in play.
Suggest a plan for resolving the "appeals" issue.
Send out for review input from legal review.

- Tuesday, January 25: Issue version -05 of the BCP, with the changes we have agreed to at that time. This should be a version that the IETF can agree to and that the ISOC BoT can agree to, possibly pending resolution of known open issues (I hope there are none!)

- Friday, January 28: If there are resolved issues that demand revision of text between Tuesday and Friday, issue version -06.
This text should be the final text, and I will ask people to not suggest "minor clarifications" to that document, but rather consider whether or not they find the document as a whole acceptable for going forward or not. This is the time when polishing stops.
I will also send a note to the IETF-announce list saying that the final version is now ready.

- Thursday, February 3: Ask the IESG to formally approve the document. After this, if the IESG approves, no changes will be made at all, and I will send a message to the ISOC BoT asking them to approve the same document.

On my previous timeline, January 12, I promised to ask the questions relative to the -04 draft:

  - Is the draft now good enough?
  - Do we need to reissue, lengthen or restart the Last Call?

I think the first question got answered with a "no" - hence this plan, and the new revisions.

Does anyone wish to argue that the second question need to be answered "yes", or that there are other things that make this timetable an unreasonable one?

                       Harald