> Thanks.  I forgot to say on (c) that there MUST
> be as many entries in the revision history as the
> revision number indicates (i.e. none for revision
> 00, and so on).

don't do that.  it will add an unnecessary and often useless barrier to
publication of I-Ds

I-Ds are supposed to be a quick-and-dirty mechanism for
circulating (sometimes quite rough) drafts among interested parties.  we

don't need to impose a complicated revision history mechanism just
because we have two different cutoff dates for I-Ds.  and there's
certainly no need to impose such a requirement on drafts that
(a) aren't WG work items and
(b) are submitted before the earlier cutoff date.

Keith