On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:47:05PM -0800, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

> Simply saying that a network which is built by volunteers (or by anyone
> else for that matter) MUST be reliable is just naive. It's a bit like
> saying operating systems and other software must be bug free. Keep in
> mind that the people who spend their time doing this have lots of
> experience, but they, and by extension we the IETF, learn new lessons
> every time. That can't be a bad thing.

Given each IETF has 1200-ish delegates, paying $500US, there is $600K dollars
to hand for IETF.

How about removing some of those ghastly fattening breakfast/break pastries
and replacing them with the more basic breads that always disappear first
in the morning, and using the savings towards wireless? :)   [Getting a
healthy breakfast/snack in the IETF corridors is a separate thread...:]

The wireless is something we will have a growing dependency on; there were
many sessions that had no jabber log due to the failing network, nor could
attendees in the room see comments from remote participants/friends.

Tim