On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Nick Staff wrote:
> John-
>
> Could you please specify the RFC that details the procedure for when an AD
> requests that the IESG remove someone's posting privileges from the IETF
> list (the RFC other 3683 of course).  If there isn't one then I'd have to
> ask that you refrain from making wildly unsupported claims as they are
> disruptive to the process.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Apparently you missed this in John's message (which you quoted in
its entirety, with garbled formatting):

> RFC2418 allows a WG chair and the ADs to also take measures if someone
> is disrupting WG progress (sect 3.2).
]
] As with face-to-face sessions occasionally one or more individuals
] may engage in behavior on a mailing list which disrupts the WG's
] progress.  In these cases the Chair should attempt to discourage the
] behavior by communication directly with the offending individual
] rather than on the open mailing list.  If the behavior persists then
] the Chair must involve the Area Director in the issue.  As a last
] resort and after explicit warnings, the Area Director, with the
] approval of the IESG, may request that the mailing list maintainer
] block the ability of the offending individual to post to the mailing
] list.

Look on the second paragraph on Page 13.

//cmh