Wouldn't it at least make  sense to require that the .gprs
"pseudo-TLD" be reserved by IANA under Section 4 of RFC 2860 ("technical work
items" and
"assignments of domain names for technical uses"), with the proviso that
this TLD must not be resolved, except locally ?

This is under the theory that anything that looks like a tld and is used in IP
DNS
will eventually leak into the public infrastructure.

Regards
Marshall  Eubanks