Douglas Otis wrote:

> The "opt-out" of PRA is actually "opt-in" using the
> "spf2.0/pra ?all" record.

No, the PRA spec. claims that you "SHOULD" get PRA for a pure
v=spf1 policy, and if you don't want PRA for whatever reasons
you have to "opt-out" from PRA with a dummy spf2.0/pra policy.

That's "opt-out" like the opt-out-doubleclick cookie, "don't-
call-me" lists, and similar schemes.  Of course the SPF spec.
says that checking other mail identities (not limited to PRA)
against v=spf1 without the prior and explicit consent of the
v=spf1 publisher is NOT RECOMMENDED.

> These concerns were expressed here:
> http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg05502.html

It's almost a year older and also known as "Olson objection".

 From my POV it was always obvious, I used a cute 2476 MSA with
"enforced submission rights" (6.1) and a Sympa mailing list in
2004, and both would result in PRA FAIL for legit mail from me
if checked against my v=spf1 policy (IIRC set up in May 2004).

                             Bye, Frank