Theodore Ts'o writes:

> You've been making the same point over and over (and over)
> again.

To some, perhaps.  I'm not so sure that it has yet been made even once
to others.

> It's probably the case that people who will be convinced by your
> arguments, will have accepted the force of your arguments by now.
> For people who don't accept your arguments, they are not likely to
> be swayed by a "last post wins" style of argumentation.

It depends.  People with an emotional attachment to a specific notion
will never been convinced otherwise, but people who simply don't
understand something may change their mind once they understand.

> May I gently suggest that you stop and think before deciding
> whether you need to respond to each message on this thread, and
> whether you have something new and cogent to add, as opposed to
> something which you've said already, in some cases multiple times?

May I gently suggest that you use the delete key on your keyboard for
messages that you don't want to see?  I doubt that bandwidth is a
problem at MIT.  It has always worked for me, and I'm constrained by
much more limited bandwidth.