JFC Morfin wrote:
--
In _this_ case we have an additional element which is that a single
RFC BCP becomes a two RFC BCP. The people who contributed to the
first RFC and the people who contributed to the former practice
should be acknowledged. Otherwise, there is no reason why we would have a BCP.
--

In fact, there already is such an ack. There is a paragraph in that section
(before the list of names):

--
The contributors to [RFC3066bis], [RFC3066] and [RFC1766], each of which is a
precursor to this document, made enormous contributions directly or indirectly

Jordi wrote:
--
In all the documents that I participated or edited, I always keep track of
all the inputs and comments received and unless they are just editorial

This was the policy used in this document (subject to editorial discretion),
hence the recognition of the small contribution of Stephane Bortzmeyer. When
this document was split from draft-ietf-ltru-registry-14 (aka RFC 3066bis), I
cleared the list, inserted the above paragraph, and started to collect names
again.

And finally, Scott Brim wrote:

--
They should not be *rules*.  If you try to formalize the definition of
a "contribution", then we get into eternal niggling.  If you feel like

+1

Addison Phillips
Internationalization Architect - Yahoo! Inc.

It is not a feature.