to expand on John's ps

for those of you who were not involved or who have forgotten the details

the note the IESG sent about their review of the ISD idea can be found at
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/msg01076.html

but the feeling that the WG got from the IESG review is better
viewed at:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/msg01067.html
where an IESG member said

  "The IESG is not at all sure that the ISD proposal is a good idea.
   We'd think it reasonable if newtrk decided not to follow it any more."

the IESG member then goes on to say that if the WG decided to continue
it would be a hard row to hoe

It's not hard to see why the newtrk chair (me) decided that newtrk had
no real future unless we happend to come up with something that the
IESG liked (without the IESG members providing much help figuring
out what they might like)

in all the newtrk experience was not the highpoint of my IETF experience

(I'm sure that some of the IESG members at the time would agree but
for quite different reasons)

Scott