It was only one opinion, not tried to generate a debate. We simply disagree,
same as some people want to have meetings only (or mainly) in US and not go
to regions where it can be cheaper and can get new participants. Just very
sad :-(

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Pekka Savola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Responder a: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Fecha: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:38:33 +0200 (EET)
> Para: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <ietf@ietf.org>
> Asunto: Re: Seeking a new IAB Executive Director
>
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> I've a small comment regarding the profile. I'm not thinking in any specific
>> candidate, but I think this is very relevant for a fair selection.
>>
>> The first point, keeping and editing the minutes, almost excludes the
>> non-native English speakers, at least, they will have a much more difficult
>> job if a non-native candidate is appointed for this.
>
> Jordi, what you may be missing that IETF is (for a lack of a better
> word) a meritocracy, not a democracy.  That includes finding the most
> suitable person for the job, so citing issues of unfairness (to those
> that may not fulfill requirements) misses the point.  If taking care
> of the minutes requires some degree of English skills, that's what
> should be required.
>
> --

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.