> The way to fix this situation in my view is to make the NAT box SIP
> aware by building a SIP proxy capability into the NAT box. The designers
> of NAT boxes go to great efforts to try to work around applications.
> Leave approaches such as STUN to the case where you are dealing with a
> legacy box.

My SIP ATA sits behind a iptables based NAT, and I have never had a
problem with it.  No STUN either.  Symmetric IP Masquerading does the
trick.  Then again, it is not a commercial NAT device, just a
function of the iptables firewalling suite in the linux kernel and
associated userland tools.

Enjoy,
Scott

sleekfreak pirate broadcast