India is also becoming significant in terms of  well trained graduate IT
engineers and certified engineers,  it can be more interesting if  these IT
engineers are more involved in activities of IETF, ISOC, ICANN and other
standards related  organizations. Probably initiatives can start during
their graduate and certification course work by means of having to study a
subject related with standards. Right now IT engineers awareness even
existence of IEEE or the term 802.xx is very minimum.
but in terms of connectivity to  major Indian cities  are  good  and with
Bangalore like place there are venues available closely matching
International level.
ISOC fellowships concept needs big appreciation this goes long way in
developing countries like India will see major participation in IETF
activities and in future India can be venue for IETF meetings.

Rajesh
India