On 6/17/2008 9:45 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

> Lakshminath Dondeti wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Thank you for sharing this information.  Now that the community knows
>> this, perhaps this will be an option when there are snags in the
>> process in future.
>

> Folks keep missing the point:  The current situation is not about
> lacking creativity or options.  It is about having rules but failing to
> follow them or inventing them on the fly.

I am not claiming that not having precedence (which is now corrected to
widely-known precedence) is the only problem.  However, there is a point
here in that if one or two ADs are "failing to follow [rules] or
inventing them on the fly," what are the rest of the IESG members doing?

I have received a few responses, offline and in this thread to that
question.

regards,
Lakshminath