On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Al Iverson wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:08 PM, David Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > In the end, walking isn't a viable alternative.
>
> Because it's so hard to open a Gmail account? I think your thinking
> here is about two generations out of date. Back in 1995 when we each
> had our one dialup account, and webmail was much less common and
> acceptable, your point would have been more valid.

C'mon ... my example contractor has printed collateral, web pages, etc.
all with his email address. Changing an email address is non-trivial for
folks who don't have any need to register their own domain name. Even
those who have a web serving domain often have no business need for
email.

I could use my yahoo or gmail account to send him email, but then I have
to deal with watching said account for responses. At best a frustrating
waste of time.