I recall stats from IETF 71 (which may be out of date).  I believe at
that time, 48% of attendees were from the U.S.  Next was Japan with 9%,
then China with 5.7%.  If I recall correctly, this was a good number of
attendees from China, but I do not know how that compared to IETF 72 or
to IETF 73.  Is the visa issue for visitors from all countries coming to
the U.S., or is this specific to Chinese citizens coming to the U.S.

Jason