On Nov 19, 2008, at 2:48 PM, IETF Chair wrote:

It is my pleasure to announce another experiment. People are invited to
join the IETF 73 online Plenary meeting.

Having been a remote participant for multiple past IETF meetings, I definitely applaud any "experiments" like this that provide more methods to include people who cannot travel to the actual meeting.[1] I would encourage more such experiments for future meetings including such things as streaming video. As others have noted, there are a great number of new services available that make providing these services much easier than it has been before.

However, can we *please* put out notice of such experiments with more than 30 minutes notice? It's great that today's plenaries are going out through a web collaboration tool, but it's tough to get that information out to people without much notice.

Thanks,
Dan

[1] And MANY thanks to the teams that provide the audio streaming and Jabber server as they are a huge benefit to remote participants.

--
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free