On Jan 7, 2009, at 11:57 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

This document is hard to comment on because it raises, and
mixes, a number of separate issues.  A large number of those
involve questions that the RFI responses might reasonably
address; I have omitted those from these comments unless they
are directly related to more immediate issues.

The document is repetitive internally and duplicates material
from other materials.  In particularly, Appendix B duplicates
much of the material on pages 3 - 5.  I have not made these
comments longer by pointing out each place a particular problem
occurs.

Major issues:

<snip>

(13) The Production Center is committed to follow the
provisions of a Style Manual that does not exist today, is
unlikely to exist when the RFP goes out, and may become the
first task for the newly-appointed RFC Series Editor in January
2010.   I hope the IAB has a plan about how that particular bit
of transition is going to be handled and that the plan has been
vetted by the IAOC.  If not, this is another internal normative
dependency.

John,

The Style Manual is located here:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-style-guide/rfc-style-manual-08.txt