Harald Alvestrand writing about decisions made on March 16-22 2003:
> > 1. do you wish this group to recharter to cdhange the IETF's IPR policy
> >     hum for (some)
> >     hom anti (more)
> >    fairly clear consensus against rechartering.  anyone disagree?

Hi Harald,

Let's forget the past; I acknowledge we lost that argument then among those
few who bothered to hum.

But are the 1,000 or so emails in recent days from the FSF campaign not a
loud enough hum to recognize that our IPR policy is out of tune? This is not
the first such open source campaign either. IETF needs a more sturdy process
to deal with IPR issues. Please consider the suggestions now on the table.

Best regards,

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
707-485-1242 * cell: 707-478-8932 * fax: 707-485-1243
Skype: LawrenceRosen