Ted Tso wrote:
> The IETF has a rather higher
> number of IPR disclosures in a year, and it's not at all clear the W3C
> approach is sufficiently scalable.

The vast majority of IETF IPR disclosures are in the form of completely
acceptable non-asserts that satisfy the needs of both proprietary and FOSS
implementers. They pose no problems whatsoever.

Only occasionally does someone submit a disclosure as misleading and
confusing as the one relating to TLS. That is one that needs intelligent
analysis.

I can count on one hand the number of IETF RFCs that FSF and the FOSS
community have objected to in recent years on patent grounds. (How many FSF
campaigns do you remember?) That's certainly scalable.

/Larry