On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 10:17:17PM +0200, Eric Rosen wrote:

> Generally,  the community (i.e.,  the folks  doing the  work in  the various
> areas) has never even heard  about these proposed requirements until after a
> BCP  appears, at  which  time they  are  told that  the  BCP "has  community
> consensus".  Perhaps  you're familiar with Douglas  Adams' "The Hitchhiker's
> Guide to the  Galaxy".  To paraphrase, "but the plan  for the destruction of
> earth was clearly posted in  the planning department on alpha centauri, it's
> not our fault you didn't see it".

There is a defined IETF review process and we just go through it and
from what I can tell the process works in making people comment on the
draft that was proposed to become a BCP.

While comments on the content of the draft are fine, I find comments
on the process pretty much out of scope.

/js

Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany