I support changing these to "must".

We don't of course have any mechanisms to enforce this (especially
discussions by other IETF community members on non-IETF mailing
lists)... but currently, asking people to treat nominee lists *as if*
they were confidential (even though they were not) has had the effect
of preventing public discussions about the candidates (on e.g.

I don't think such discussions would be helpful for the goals
of the NomCom process (or the IETF in general), and I think the
document should send a clear message that they're not acceptable
in the future either (instead of leaving wiggle room that they
might be OK in some circumstances).

Best regards,
Pasi