I also would be against mandating xml2rfc.

I do agree that certain aspects of xml2rfc are convenient, but when it comes
to edit text, I really prefer .nroff

On 09-07-05 8:16 PM, "ned+i...@mauve.mrochek.com"
<ned+i...@mauve.mrochek.com> wrote:

> I particularly like the fact that xml2rfc lets me focus on the content of my
> drafts and spend very little time on presentation issues. I don't even want to
> think about how much time I've wasted piddling around with formattting nits
> when using nroff, and don't get me started on LaTeX.
>
> Oh, and as for installing the software, I'm not a TCL fan, but even so I've
> done that on everything from  Mac OS 9 to Solaris to OpenVMS. I sure can't say
> the same for groff.

I hope to have provided a simple way to get around these issues with nroff
with the tool I wrote, as it makes it easy to do the formatting nits and
does not require groff or any other external tools to be installed.

/Stefan