Donald Eastlake [mailto:d3e...@gmail.com] writes:

> >> The wording in Sections 3.1 and 3.2 see to almost be designed to
> allow
> >> the possibility of the multiple *-Cert Attributes carrying a
> >> certificate to appear in more than one Access-Request message. But I
> >> would assume that's not meaningful and/or was not intended to allow
> >> that.
> >
> > There is no way to do such a thing in standard RADIUS.
>
> That's what I thought and why I was puzzled as to why there was a more
> complex wording that appears to permit this. I suppose it is just the
> way the words struck me at the time I read them. But I would, instead
> of
>
>           If multiple PKM-SS-Cert
>       Attributes are contained within an Access-Request packet, they
>       MUST be in order and MUST be consecutive attributes in the
> packet.
>
> have said
>
>       These multiple PKM-SS-Cert Attributes MUST appear consecutively
>       and in order within an Access-Request packet.
>
> and similarly for PKM-CA-Cert.

OK.

> >> This whole table needs to be carefully checked, the
> >> inconsistencies resolved, and it should be clear if literal binary
> >> attributes or some sort of logical aggregate attributes (in the case
> >> of the "Cert" attributes at least), is being counted.
> >
> > I can add notes to the table regarding the "logical" vs. "physical"
> nature
> > of the PKM-*-Cert Attributes, as well as a key to the meaning of
> "0+", etc.
> > Is that OK?
>
> Yes.

You were right, the entries for the PKM*Cert Attributes should have been 0+
instead of 0-1.  The Table of Attributes now looks like this:

   The following table provides a guide to which attributes may be found
   in which kinds of packets, and in what quantity.

     Request Accept Reject Challenge Acct-Req  #   Attribute
     0+      0      0      0         0        TBD1 PKM-SS-Cert [Note 1]
     0+      0      0      0         0        TBD2 PKM-CA-Cert [Note 2]
     0       0-1    0      0         0        TBD3 PKM-Config-Settings
     0-1     0      0      0         0        TBD4 PKM-Cryptosuite-List
     0-1     0      0      0         0        TBD5 PKM-SAID
     0       0+     0      0         0        TBD6 PKM-SA-Descriptor
     0       0-1    0      0         0        TBD7 PKM-Auth-Key

   [Note 1]
      No more than one Subscriber Station Certificate may be transferred
      in an Access-Request packet.

   [Note 1]
      No more than one CA Certificate may be transferred in an Access-
      Request packet.

   The following table defines the meaning of the above table entries.

   0   This attribute MUST NOT be present in packet
   0+  Zero or more instances of this attribute MAY be present in packet
   0-1 Zero or one instance of this attribute MAY be present in packet
   1   Exactly one instance of this attribute MUST be present in packet

Is that OK?