On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 03:46:24PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> N.B. It is extremely unlikely that I'd attend a meeting in that slot,
> regardless of where it was; my current $DAYJOB doesn't give me the
> luxury of attending most IETF meetings.

To piggyback on this, much the same situation exists here as well,
and no doubt for some others.

My proposed solution to this is to do away with physical meetings
altogether.  They're expensive in terms of money, time, energy
consumption, etc., and surely we, of all people, should be well-equipped
to do without them.  We have the requisite technology -- or if we don't,
we *could* have the requisite technology.  We should be using it, and
providing an example for the rest of the world to follow.

---Rsk