Ole Jacobsen wrote:
Dave,

By the time everthing is said about this I suspect the "chilling effects" will be minimized. There will probably still be people
not wanting to go "on principle," but I at least hope that the
number will not be so great as to impact the success of the meeting.

And here I was thinking it was already /increased/, not reduced.

For example, I've enjoyed the meetings I've had in China -- and the anti-spam topic ran directly into potential sensitivities, of the sort discussed here, and with no problems.

But this contract clause and ensuing discussion now have me fully expecting serious problems I wouldn't otherwise have thought much about...

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking