Hi,

Regardless of the exact status of the PLC IPR, I don't think it would be a good
idea to just say that "the Internet should just follow ITU-T standards with a
20-year lag". As it has been already shown with the codec proposals received to
date, it should be possible to create RF codecs that are *much* better than
G.722 and G.711.

   Jean-Marc