Yeap, getting in/out China is pretty easy and fast. I once had to be in
Beijing for family emergency reason, and got the visa in Beijing airport.
Paid a little more, but it was pretty smooth. The airport search is no more
than what we have here in US.

Everything is OK. Nobody is going to bite. :-)

Cheers,

- Ping