I don't think this resolves the issue. The issue is if this information is used
for a call control. Basically do proxies need to be able to look at this to
make decision about what they are going to do. We at least need a Yes/No answer
to this question from the proponents of this work and the charter to make that
clear.

On Jul 14, 2010, at 2:25 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your comments on the charter proposal. Per the comments
> received, we will modify bullet 5 as follows so that it is clearer:
>
> OLD:
> 5. SIP elements may need to apply policy about passing and screening
>   the information.
>
> NEW:
> 5. SIP elements may need to apply policy about passing and filtering
>   UUI.  The included application, encoding, semantics, and content
>   information will allow endpoint or intermediary SIP elements to
>   allow or block UUI based on the type and originator, not based on
>   the actual UUI data, which may be end-to-end encrypted by the
>   application.
>
> Further discussions on this topic should happen on the mailing list of
> this WG.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gonzalo

Cullen Jennings