There is probably a better place to complain about this, but...

There are various IETF "tools" web pages.  But I have a devil of a time using
them because they do not identify themselves usefully when asking for a login.
There are multiple login databases in the whole IETF tools suite, and
experienced users know which database controls access to which tool.  But for
us unwashed masses, there is no way to guess which web pages demand which
password because they are named inconsistently.

Let me propose:

* Each password database has a *single* name which is the only name that it is
ever referred to by, such as "IETF tools login" and "IETF datatracker login".

* Each login prompt gives the *single* name of the password database that it is
driven by.

Otherwise we get such messes as "trac.tools.ietf.org" demanding an IETF tools
login -- not IETF datatracker login -- and its login prompt identifying the
realm only as "IETF".  Which is pretty useless to the uninitiated, since
"track", "tools", and "IETF" are all present.

(I'm continuously amused by the fact that a roomful of computer geeks, who
spend their days making unambiguous descriptions of operations to computers are
unable to make an unambiguous description of an operation to humans.)

Dale