This document will never be done if we need to enumerate every known message
content adjustment an MLM does or might do.

The set that's there includes the most common ones, and I think that's both
sufficient and appropriate to get the point across.

I think it's reasonable to assume one reading this document, and RFC4871[-bis],
will be sufficiently "skilled in the art" to understand there are other changes
possible that fall into the same discussion without having to list them all.

The fact that you're talking about the MLM that serves the ietf-smtp list
doesn't make it special, in my opinion.  It's still a corner case.