Hello,

This document is well written; I'm strongly for its publication on Standards Track. I have an only remark. This document doesn't seem to mention what is the behavior of the server if HOST command is sent after one HOST has already been sent. Eg.

C> HOST example.com
S> 220 Host OK
C> USER foo
S> 331 Specify password
C> PASS bar
S> 230 Logged in
C> HOST example.org
S> ????

I suppose the server may treat this as REIN and then switching to specified host, if the user is authenticated, and just switch to such host if the user isn't already logged in. Another option is sending 503 reply, as invalid sequence of commands.

Thanks,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev