----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyrus Daboo" <cy...@daboo.name>
To: "Keith Moore" <mo...@network-heretics.com>; "Ronald Bonica"
<rbon...@juniper.net>
Cc: "Scott O Bradner" <s...@harvard.edu>; "IETF Discussion" <ietf@ietf.org>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 4:52 PM

> Hi Keith,
>
> --On September 16, 2011 10:10:06 AM -0400 Keith Moore
> <mo...@network-heretics.com> wrote:
>
> > I think we need a low-overhead and relatively informal mechanism of
> > reporting errata and requesting clarifications, and maybe that it should
> > be expanded a bit to serve as an implementation and interoperability
> > reporting mechanism.  But I don't think that having such a mechanism
> > requires us to maintain expertise in every subject matter area covered by
> > every RFC.
>
> Again I would like to bring up the idea of every RFC having an associated
> wiki page(s). The goal here is to provide a way for implementors to add
> comments, annotations, clarifications, corrections etc to augment the RFCs.

Lovely idea, but not something I see as part of the IETF's mission.  It is so
easy
these days to set up a web site and wiki page that any editor of an RFC,
producer
of an implementation, can do it if they so choose.  Making it part of the IETF
gives it a standing that the resources available to review it would never be
able to put right any but the most egregious mistakes.

Tom Petch