On 2012-02-14 05:51, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>     > From: Arturo Servin <arturo.ser...@gmail.com>
>
>     >> Are you volunteering to buy everyone on earth a new CPE? If not, who
>     >> do you suggest will?
>
>     > I suggest the ISPs, they are charging for the service, right?
>
> Lots of CPE is actually owned by the customers, not the ISPs. E.g. in our
> house, both our cable modem and the router attached to it are ours.

Sure, that's very common, but these devices are consumer electronics and
will get gradually replaced by IPv6-supporting boxes as time goes on.
(That is not hand-waving, the generation of boxes with IPv6 support is
starting to appear.) Nobody, I think, is denying that there will be a long
period of coexistence as a result.

That is a separate question from this draft, which gives ISPs space for
*growing* their IPv4 customer base. I think that is what upsets people.

   Brian