On Aug 9, 2012, at 6:07 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

> offlist.

Not so much

> Geoff,
>
> Frankfurt is a city in Germany.  I believe the IETF has never been there.

Two more tidbits:
 - It's a huge aviation hub. There are direct flights from everywhere, similar
to CDG, Heathrow, or Schiphol
 - Unlike Paris, London and Amsterdam, it's not a great tourist attraction, so
conceivably it would be cheaper.

> Other than those two tidbits about it, I've no idea what is to be
> accomplished by someone's randomly throwing out the names of cities for
> a discussion like this, especially when threads like these always have a
> great deal of trouble staying focused on the /principle/ rather than
> haggling the details.

The principle would be to go to aviation hubs so as to minimize the collective
pain. Most people from the US going to Prague, would have a connection in
Frankfurt, so a meeting in Frankfurt would reduce the amount of flights.

Yoav