> > But, as soon as a country says "if you have a
> > passport from X, you aren't getting in, don't even bother to
> > apply for a visa", they should be off our list of possibilities.

It is sad to hear this. I actually never heard such restrictions for
people travelling to Turkey.

BTW: A lot of countries, including Israel, don't need a visa for Turkey.
For others it is technically a non-issue to get it at the border.

Beside many European cities there are direct flights to Istanbul from:
Los Angeles, Washington, Chicago, New York, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul,
Bangkok, and Tel Aviv.

Cheers,
Mehmet

DE/Munich); ext