> As a document author, I've learned that I need to have a friend take
> good notes for me, because all of the great comments I get at the mike
> are lost otherwise.

this gap makes me crazy, so much is often lost.  but i do not think
technology or process will close this hole.  too much depends on fairly
deep understanding of the subject.

> I can't take notes while I'm standing up, facilitating discussion.

i can't take notes while i am trying to understand and think about the
important semantics of a discussion, period.  but much of this may be a
personal failing, poor typist, rotting mind, ...

randy