--On Sunday, December 02, 2012 09:53 -0500 Keith Moore
<mo...@network-heretics.com> wrote:

> (Another way to put is that even if we provide such cameras in
> meetings along with colored pens and paper, we will continue
> to see PowerPoint being used as it is today unless there's a
> community-wide effort to change our entrenched habits.)

Sure.  But it is the now-entrenched habits that are the problem.
The overuse of PowerPoint for purposes of which neither of us
approve is merely a symptom, not, IMO, a cause (even if it
reinforces the behaviors).

Anyone for incorporating a slide (!) into the Newcomer's
Presentation (!!) that says "a presentation in a f2f meeting
that makes extensive use of PowerPoint decks with many and/or
dense slides brands the presenter as either a newcomer, someone
who is trying to avoid an actual discussion, or a fool"?   :-(

   john